[mythtv-users] Lossless Transcoding problems - Is it solvable or are there other options ?

Chris Gaskell chrisgaskell_uk at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Oct 10 12:31:22 UTC 2013

I've just moved from 0.24 to 0.26 and am finding the same issues as
others have found with lossless transcodes.  I'm using mythtranscode to
cut commercials and the end of the preceding programme. I had no problem
in 0.24 so this is pretty frustrating.

Using 0.26.0 lossless transcodes failed completely. After reading
previous comments I updated to 0.26.1 and found lossless transcodes
worked, but I lose the first few seconds of audio and according to the
playback info, it thought my 45 minute programme lasted 26+ hrs!
Furthermore, playback crashes if I try to skip forwards. I've not tried
it yet but I believe vlc and handbrake also don't work properly with
these files so it's all a bit unsatisfactory.

 From other threads, it seems the problems I'm seeing are a known
issue.  Is there any way to fix it, or can anyone recommend another way
of lossless commercial removal?  I'm no whizz from a terminal so would
like a fix that I can use from inside mythtv - maybe a user job that
calls ffmpeg ?

Can anyone give some advice to get better results ?

Thanks