[mythtv-users] Mythbuntu defaulting to incorrect resolution

jmk jmk at foofus.net
Thu Oct 10 16:42:42 UTC 2013

Hi,

I updated my Mythbuntu-based frontend today in preparation to moving to
the 0.27 repo. Unfortunately, the system now seems to think I really
want my display resolution to be 1280x1024, instead of 1920x1080.

I can use nvidia-settings, the xfce4-display-settings or xrandr to
successfully correct the resolution, but I'm unable to figure out how to
make this stick across reboots. For example, xorg.conf is configured for
1920x1080, and the log file shows it setting the display to that prior
to switching to 1280x1024. I've also created an XFCE4 autostart file to
call a script with the xrandr command, but either xrandr is silently
failing there, or the display is be subsequently reset.

Have others run into this? Any fix suggestions?

Thanks,
Joe