[mythtv-users] Mythtv 0.27 - IPTV

Lincoln lincoln at performaplus.co.nz
Thu Oct 10 23:29:59 UTC 2013

On 11/10/2013 12:38 a.m., Lincoln wrote:
> On 11/10/2013 12:12 a.m., Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
>> On 10 October 2013 21:28, Lincoln <lincoln at performaplus.co.nz> wrote:
>>
>>> In my setup, http would be ideal, but I can't figure out yet why its
>>> working
>>> with mythavtest but not the backend.
>>> Any help appreciated.
>> because the recorder and the playlist only accepts UDP, RTP or HTTP
>> Live Streaming URL.... not plain http
>> When you provide a http file, it is assumed it's a HLS stream.
>>
>> Are you sure VLC is listening on udp 1234 on the localhost ?
>> that you can connect with http indicates that it doesn't
>>
>> this is what you need to setup first: make VLC output via udp or rtp
>
> OK thanks for the http clarification. I thought that was the case re
> HLS, which is why I was surprised when mythavtest played the plain
> http stream, however that's another discussion.
>
> Just wanted to point out that I wasn't streaming udp/rtp/http at the
> same time. I set up a stream and tested it with a second instance of
> vlc and then mythavtest. I had assumed that because I was able to play
> back both the rtp and then the udp stream with a second instance of
> vlc that it must have been listening on port 1234, but perhaps not?
>
> I'll try downgrade back to mythtv 0.26 and test my streams with that
> to verify the stream is actually working.

To anyone that is following this, my iptv setup is now all working (both
rtp, and udp).
Unfortunately I'm not exactly sure what fixed it, and I have tried
everything I can think of to reproduce the fault.
I think it could have been one of two things, firstly I had edited the
config.xml file (commented out
"<LocalHostName>my-unique-identifier-goes-here</LocalHostName> ") and
then I noticed iptv was working, however when I put the confix.xml back
iptv continued to work. The other thing I did was a fresh mythtv compile
and install (still the same version of fixes/0.27 though), however I had
tried this before with no difference to the iptv.

If I ever figure out what the fix was I'll post the solution.