[mythtv-users] How do I get full frame rate?

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Sun Oct 13 01:41:39 UTC 2013

On Sat, 12 Oct 2013 18:28:49 -0700, you wrote:

>I had an ATI HD4850 that I was having trouble with dropped frames on (and other issues) that I just replaced with an NVIDIA
>GeForce GTX 760.
>
>I have just tried all combinations of decoders & renderer with no de-interlacer enabled on a 720P live auto race (it had a
>scrolling leader board that allowed me to tell if it was dropping frames) I had a second monitor tuned to the same channel
>driven by a Centronics ZAT502HD digital tuner that does not drop frames for comparison.
>The best I got was with the Nvidia decoder, and that appears to be 15 frames per second. I even went so far as to connect the
>Centronics tuner to the computers monitor, and proved that the problem was not the monitor.
>
>The system is an Intel Core I7 CPU 920 running at 2.67 GHz, 6 GB RAM doing nothing else.
>The display is a Dell 3008WFP 2560x1600/60 monitor connected by dual link DVI.
>I'm running the 325.8 64 bit NVIDIA driver.
>
>What am I missing?

Until you said you were using a 2560x1600 monitor, I could see no
reason for any problems.  What mode are you running the monitor in -
are you having the Nvidia drivers upscale 720p to 2560x1600, or are
you getting the monitor to do that (by having MythTV change the screen
mode to match the content being played)?  I would think the latter
would work.  Is that what the Centronics tuner does?  Get your monitor
to tell you what mode it is in while using both sources.  There is
usually a monitor menu somewhere that does that.