[mythtv-users] Can't simultaneously record two programs with 3 (or 4) available tuners

Leif Pihl leif at pihl.us
Tue Oct 15 01:30:45 UTC 2013

On Oct 14, 2013, at 7:37 AM, Eric Sharkey wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 14, 2013 at 8:09 AM, George Nassas <gnassas at mac.com> wrote:
>> On 2013-10-13, at 11:10 PM, Leif Pihl <leif at pihl.us> wrote:
>>
>>> the first tuner card is the Hauppage HVR-2250 (connected to CATV) and
>>> the second tuner card is the Hauppage HVR-1800 (connected to Antenna).
>>> I _DO_ have a subscription to "schedulesdirect.org", and
>>> I am reasonably confident (but not certain) that I have the two inputs configured as well as the separate SchedulesDirect selections made for each card.
>>
>> Potentially dumb question here but how many capture cards do you have configured?
>
> It might be good to post the exact configuration.  Get on the mysql
> command line by running "mysql mythconverg" then type:

[1]

I tried to type in your command, and got this response:

ERROR 1044 (4200): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' to database 'mythconverge'

What's next?

---

[2]

A word of explanation may be in order:
Our family has buried somewhere around here a Windows 7 laptop PC.
My daughter has a Windows 7 tower desktop computer.
My wife has an older (limited to 10.6.8) MacBook   and
Both my wife and I have Mac Minis (of roughly the same vintage as the 10.6.8 Macbook).

i.e.:  The MythBuntu box is the FIRST Linux box I've ever dealt with as my very own.

As a result, it only has a web browser (with sound that does not work), and it does NOT have E-mail set up.
Even if it did have E-mail, I don't know how to cut-copy-paste within the Linux command line system.

As a result, when requests are made for me to reproduce long reports from the MythBuntu box, I end up taking picture(s) of it with my Android phone's camera, and typing them in by hand into my Mac Mini.

So....

_IF_ any of you can advise me as to how I can copy text in the command line, and then past it into the web browser (i.e.: Google mail!),
_THEN_ I may be able to provide more and better details.