[mythtv-users] Metadata lookup question

Thomas Börkel thomas at boerkel.de
Tue Oct 15 21:09:42 UTC 2013

HI!

Metadata lookup was working for me very well all through the lifetime of
0.26. I am still using 0.26, pretty recent fixes version. But now I
probably found some problems.

1st problem:
I found, that for newer rules, after the first episode or episodes have
been recorded, MythTV added the (correct) tvdb number of the series to
the recorded shows, but not to the rule.

Is this normal/OK?

2nd problem:
MythTV did not download artwork and it did not recognize the recordings'
season and episode numbers of the latest new rule for the series "Scandal".

For this series, MythTV found the correct tvdb number 248841 (for the
recordings, but none for the rule) and the tvdb has the correct german
episode titles. Shouldn't MythTV then find out the correct season and
episode numbers?

This is from the log of yesterday evening, where it recorded the first 2
episodes of this series:

2013-10-15 22:38:36.058025 I  Running Grabber:
/usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/ttvdb.py -l de -N Scandal
Gladiatoren im Anzug
2013-10-15 22:38:38.270855 I  Returning Metadata Results: Scandal 0 0

When I run this script in the shell (adding "" to the episode title),
then I get back a good looking XML. Why does MythTV not use this? And
why did it not run the same script for the 2nd episode?

Is there a known metadata bug that was introduced in recent 0.26 fixes
commits?

Thanks!

Regards,
Thomas