[mythtv-users] mythbackend does not shutdown and insists in --lock ed state

Paul Harrison mythtv at sky.com
Wed Oct 16 11:00:42 UTC 2013

On 16/10/13 11:28, Martin Ginkel wrote:

> I still have an 0.25 fixes Backend and Frontend (Mythbuntu).
> This used to nicely shutdown itself if there was nothing to do.
>
> But for the last couple of days it stays awake all the time,
> mythshutdown --status always reports the 16th -Bit set, which means it
> has been locked by the user.
> The bit stays, if I execute
>
> mythshutdown --unlock ; mythshutdown --status; echo $?
>
> This state doesn't go away, If I restart the backend or the whole machine.
> Is there a way to manually remove the state, can I somehow debug,
> which part
> (mythshutdown, mythbackend ) is broken.
>

>           Best regards
>                  Martin

The lock is recursive so if you call mythshutdown --lock 3 times you
have to call mythshutdown --unlock 3 times to get back to an unlocked
state so try calling mythshutdown --unlock a few time to see if it
clears it.

The idea is if you have a few scripts that run in parallel that you
don't want interrupted by a system shutdown each one would call
mythshutdown --lock at the start and mythshutdown --unlock at the end.
Only when the last script finished will the lock be released to allow
the system to shutdown.

Paul H.