[mythtv-users] Deleting recordings after conversion

Thomas Boehm mythtv-users at lists.boehmi.net
Wed Oct 16 17:40:04 UTC 2013

Andréas Kühne wrote:
> My wife records alot of TV-series that she just wants to keep, not to
> view on one of our frontends. Because the selection of series is growing
> in size I try to export them directly after recording them (via
> mythexport). I would also like to delete the recordings as soon as the
> export is done. Is this possible?

I have this command at the end of my userjob

echo "update recorded set recgroup = 'Deleted', autoexpire = 999 where
chanid = '$3' and starttime = '$4';"`|mysql --batch --skip-column-names
--user="${DBUserName}" --password="${DBPassword}" -h "${DBHostName}"
"${DBName}"

This moves the recording into the "Deleted" recording group and gives it
a high auto expire priority. Of course you need to substitute the
variables with yours.

HTH
Thomas