[mythtv-users] Ad removal

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Wed Oct 16 23:41:23 UTC 2013

On 10/16/2013 7:17 PM, Eric Sharkey wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 16, 2013 at 6:19 PM, Daryl McDonald <darylangela at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I just attempted the transcode again and here is a pastebin of my
>> backend log
>
> Is that the only log file you have?  At one point, mythtranscode had
> its own log file.

Mythtranscode still does.  All MythTV applications do. Logs straight to

> Mythlogserver can combine these into a single log, but it doesn't
> look like you're using that.

Mythlogserver logs in exactly the same locations and formats as MythTV
does internally (now that mythlogserver is optional). The purpose of
mythlogserver is to get logs outside the application as soon as
possible, so if the application faults, those last few logs leading up
to the fault are still recorded.