[mythtv-users] Mythfilldatabase suggested d/l times

Karl Newman newmank1 at asme.org
Thu Oct 17 20:59:22 UTC 2013

On Thu, Oct 17, 2013 at 1:50 PM, Raymond Wagner <raymond at wagnerrp.com>wrote:

> On 10/17/2013 4:05 PM, Rick wrote:
>
>> I've noticed that since upgrading to 0.27 mythfilldatabase doesn't honour
>> the suggested download times.  It seems to use the static times from
>> mythtv-setup even though I've set it to use the suggested times. I'm
>> currently running version 0.27-41 that I've compiled myself on F19.
>>

> I'll take a deeper look at this tonight.  The code takes into account
> several criteria.  It will not run twice in the same day or twice within a
> 12 hour span.  It will not run outside the window you have defined in the
> database.  It will not run prior to the suggested time.  I believe I see an
> issue where it is not handling local time zone properly, causing runs to be
> delayed until the next day, and then run immediately the next day.

Somewhat related--the next scheduled mythfilldatabase run time disappeared
from the mythweb status page in 0.27 (maybe in 0.26--I skipped it and went
straight from 0.25 and 0.27). It's not crucial, but it was nice to see what
it was thinking. Do you know if it's easy to get it back on the screen?

Thanks,

Karl