[mythtv-users] diagnosing HDHome Run Prime zero byte recordings

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Thu Oct 17 23:21:30 UTC 2013

On Thu, Oct 17, 2013 at 11:14 PM, Gary Buhrmaster
<gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 17, 2013 at 11:04 PM, Larry Roberts
> <mythtv at american-hero.com> wrote:
>> Something that "may" be interesting is that periodically in the logs since I
>> rebooted the HDHRP I see this:
>>
>> 20131017-20:44:54 CableCARD: copy_protection/cp_valid_cnf timeout error
>> (cchost_copy_protection:597)
>> 20131017-20:44:54 CableCARD: technical error 53 (cchost_copy_protection:597)
>
> From other reports, this is likely a bad CableCard.  First thing to
> try, exchange it (and do the Validate dance with the cable company).

btw, I do not recall if you said what MSO you are using.  Is
it Time Warner?  There have been reports of "strangeness"
of this type with Time Warner, especially on SA/Cisco
headend systems, but since you have a Moto^H^H^H^HArris
card, that would seem less likely.

Gary