[mythtv-users] Recommendation page in mythweb

Karl Newman newmank1 at asme.org
Tue Oct 22 13:58:15 UTC 2013

On Tue, Oct 22, 2013 at 12:21 AM, Anthony Giggins <
seven at seven.dorksville.net> wrote:

> On 22 October 2013 00:51, Karl Newman <newmank1 at asme.org> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Oct 21, 2013 at 6:16 AM, Anthony Giggins <
>> seven at seven.dorksville.net> wrote:

>>> Looks like I'm still getting
>>>
>>> "No matches found"
>>> "Please rate more shows to get more results"
>>>
>>> I've rated almost every show on the site but still no results :(
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>>
>>> Anthony
>>>

>> Hmm... Are you getting any shows listed on the "My Recommendations" page
>> of http://myth-recommendations.aws.af.cm/ (after you click the Refresh
>> link)? If you are, then possibly the recommended shows don't have any
>> matching upcoming episodes, or maybe there's a communication error between
>> your mythweb server and the recommendations website server. If you have NO
>> shows listed on the "My Recommendations" page, I would guess it's because
>> you rated every show so it doesn't have anything to suggest. I noticed that
>> if I rated a show as "Liked", it would NOT suggest that show to me, even if
>> I had no recordings of it. You could try un-rating some shows (just click
>> the same rating again to turn it gray again) and see if that affects it.
>>
>> Karl
>>

> Yep getting shows listed in the "My Recommendations" page at
> http://myth-recommendations.aws.af.cm/, I thought your right that they
> dont match any upcoming schedules however Rules of engagement, In Plain
> sight, Suits & Major Crimes I can find in my recommendations and in
> upcoming schedules....
>
> Cheers,
>
> Anthony

Hmm... Well I'm not sure I can help you. The person responsible for the
recommendation portion is Rob Smith (kormoc) but I don't know that I've
seen him on this list. The only other thing I could suggest is maybe your
system (PHP, apache, firewall, etc.) is not allowing the mythweb php
scripts to retrieve the data from the myth-recommendations website. But if
metadata lookup through mythweb works, then that's probably not the cause
(although I'm not sure they use the same methods to retrieve data).

Karl