[mythtv-users] RPMFusion 0.27 availability

Dave Ulrick d-ulrick at comcast.net
Tue Oct 22 16:44:04 UTC 2013

On Tue, 22 Oct 2013, Gary Buhrmaster wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 22, 2013 at 4:13 PM, Dave Ulrick <d-ulrick at comcast.net> wrote:
>> How will the database schema upgrade happen when the 0.27 RPMFusion RPMs are
>> installed? Will it happen automatically the first time the 0.27 mythbackend
>> or mythfrontend is started?
>
> I believe the "recommended" solution is to stop all BE/FEs, take a
> database backup (you can never have too many), run the database
> optimize script to insure that there are no crashed tables or other
> problems, take another database backup (especially if optimize
> fixed anything), upgrade to the newer MythTV binaries/libraries,
> run mythtv-setup to manually upgrade, wait, wait, wait until it is done,
> run another database backup, and start the BE.
>
> Personally, I would suggest excluding MythTV from yum until
> you are ready to be able to take the time to do it right, and check
> the results.

Thanks, that's very helpful. I've gone ahead and added 'exclude=myth*' to
/etc/yum.conf. I understand that this will prevent a 'yum update' from
pulling in any myth* packages, but I think it will also prevent 'yum list
updates' from showing available myth* updates. It would be great if
someone could post to this list when the 0.27 RPMs are pushed out so
people like me will know when we can expect them.

Dave
--
Dave Ulrick
d-ulrick at comcast.net