[mythtv-users] Use of fsync

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Tue Oct 22 18:00:51 UTC 2013

On 10/22/2013 1:36 PM, Rich Freeman wrote:
> It would not surprise me if the right approach varies based on
> what else is going on with the system, configuration, kernel
> tuning, etc.

MythTV (or any application) should not be manipulating system
configuration or kernel tuning parameters on its own, and should not be
given the rights to do so in the first place.  On the other hand, with
our intended audience, we shouldn't be requiring users perform such
tasks on their own, although that is a bit of an unavoidable issue
regarding the external MySQL database, and its awful default
parameters.  The right approach is the one that will work by default
under most cases.