[mythtv-users] Myth .27 no longer has pre-tune channel setting.

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Oct 23 03:19:55 UTC 2013

On 10/22/2013 10:56 PM, Stefan Jones wrote:
> I use a Hauppague PVR-150 and an IR blaster to tune to encoded cable
> channels.
>
> Under Myth .25, the Input Connections screen allowed you a designated
> channel that the card would tune to . . . channel 3, for the PVR-150.
> The IR blaster would switch the box channel, which would then supply
> the correct analog signal.
>
> I just upgraded to Myth .27, and the pre-tune channel setting is GONE.
> There is still a place to indicate the command line to change channels
> on the external box, but as best as I can tell this also switches the
> PVR-150's channel. I just get a bunch of static.
>
> The problem is NOT the IR blaster. I was able to successfully change
> the cable box's channel using the external change script. The signal
> is likely arriving at the encoder card, but it is listening to the
> wrong channel.
>
> Also: I booted the system to the old version of Fedora and Myth, and I
> was able to successfully use Live TV on the analog channels. The
> channels changed as requested, and Live TV showed the correct channel.
>
> If anyone knows a work-around I would be grateful. PErhaps there is a
> SQL command to re-enter the pre-tune channel value.

Nothing has changed with that setting and the PVR-x50 type encoders.  If
you've selected the proper tuner type ("Analog to MPEG-2 encoder card
(PVR-150/250/350, etc)"), you should see:

Preset tuner to channel
Leave this blank unless you have an external tuner that is connected to
the tuner input of your card. If so, you will need to specify the preset
channel for the signal (normally 3 or 4).

Mike