[mythtv-users] Myth .27 no longer has pre-tune channel setting.

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Oct 23 14:22:13 UTC 2013

On 10/23/2013 10:01 AM, Stefan Jones wrote:
> **
> Thanks, I'm glad I wasn't just imagining this, or that importing and
> updating my database had broken something.
>
> I did search the list archives on the Wiki and the bug database, but
> "pretune" didn't seem specific enough.

Well, you'll find a lot more if you use the proper terminology for
searching.  As shown in my previous e-mail, the setting is called,
"Preset Tuner to Channel".

> Unless someone has another suggestion, I will manually record on
> channel 3 and set the STB's channel manually until this gets fixed.

A better approach would be to change your external channel change
script--that you need anyway--to issue the appropriate v4l2ctl commands
to a) set the TV format (NTSC or PAL), and b) tune channel 3 on the
PVR-150 before it does its normal work of changing the STB channel.

Mike