[mythtv-users] Myth .27 no longer has pre-tune channel setting.

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Oct 23 17:30:31 UTC 2013

On 10/23/2013 11:43 AM, Daryl McDonald wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 10:52 AM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>> On 10/23/2013 12:50 AM, Stefan Jones wrote:
>>> Well, I got rid of the "ghost encoders" that have been around forever.
>>>
>>> The newly added PVR-150 / "Analog to MPEG2" encoder still doesn't have
>>> that item.
>>
>> I put in a query to a developer about the changeset that seems to have
>> broken it.  Thanks for noticing.
> I'm using a PVR 150 with an IR blaster controlling a STB and after a
> upgrade from 025 to 027 everything continued to work, Hmmm.

Preset tuner to channel is only used when using (the terrible)
RF-modulated output of an STB (such as a Digital Tuning Adapter that
*only* has RF-modulated (coax) output).  If you're using S-Video or
Composite output from the STB (as you should be if those are available),
you're not using Preset tuner to channel.

That said, the bug only affects what's displayed in setup, not how
things work.  So, if you had previously configured your PVR-x50 (even
with a Preset tuner to channel), all would work.  You just can't
configure new ones or reconfigure that way until setup is fixed.

Mike