[mythtv-users] Myth .27 no longer has pre-tune channel setting.

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Oct 23 18:40:11 UTC 2013

On 10/23/2013 02:11 PM, Stefan Jones wrote:
> I am trying a fix noted in another thread:
>
> Install ivtv utility package:
>
> yum install ivtv-utils
>
> Add to my change_channel.sh script, before the lines for changing the
> channel in the IR blaster:
>
> ivtv-tune -c3 -d /dev/video2
>
> This worked the few times I tried it this morning.

Yeah, that's what I was suggesting, but I didn't remember the actual
command to use.  I thought all the ivtv* commands got rolled up into
v4l2ctl, but I haven't kept up so I may be way off.

> The suggestion about using the composite or S-Video outputs is
> interesting. Right now the coax goes into the PVR-150, and the
> composite video and audio goes to my TV. (The TV only has one coax
> connector.) If I can split the outputs, or if there is an S-video
> connector, I may try that.

Yeah, you should get a much clearer picture from either S-Video
(preferred) or Composite (if S-Video isn't available).  There are
splitters available for Composite.

Anything from:
http://www.monoprice.com/Product?p_id=7228
http://www.monoprice.com/Product?p_id=663