[mythtv-users] Upgrade to Fedora 18 and remote won't work (prob a permission issue)

Stuart Morgan stuart at tase.co.uk
Thu Oct 24 16:55:22 UTC 2013

On Thursday 24 Oct 2013 09:43:07 Gabe Rubin wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I just upgraded to fedora 18.  My remote won't properly work.

What does "cat /sys/class/rc/rc1/protocols" show?

If rc1 isn't your remote device because you have others, like those built into some
tuner cards, then you'll need to change the path.

Does "echo lirc > /sys/class/rc/rc1/protocols" fix the problem?

If so the Fedora packages are broken as they should be doing that automatically in
the lirc init/service script.
--
Stuart Morgan
MythTV