[mythtv-users] HDHR Prime (Comcast cable card)

Mike's JdJ stepsisters at comcast.net
Tue Oct 29 17:03:03 UTC 2013

On 10/29/2013 05:23 AM, Doug Lytle wrote:
> Eric Sharkey wrote:
>>   On Comcast you
>> should be able to record everything except for premium channels like
>> HBO.
>
> Not for me (Southern Lower Michigan).
>
> Comcast has tagged everything copy once.  And, they refuse to make any
> changes.
>
> Doug

Doug, please let me know if you get it working.

I'm about 50 miles North of Detroit.

The Comcast (I think the truck was marked S E Com or something
like that) installer came with a supervisor to install the cable
card into my HDHR Prime.  I don't think they had seen an HDHR
Prime before; didn't know how to insert the cable card.  The
supervisor spent a long time on the phone with headquarters.  I
mentioned the copy-once issue to him, but he was either playing
dumb, or...

MythTV wouldn't receive anything on it.  I finally used Windows
Media Center on Win 7 to talk to the HDHR Prime.  It could
record and play through the cable card.  Comcast fled at that point.

Like MythTV, my LG TV (LM 6700) also can see the HDHR Prime
tuners, but if I select one, the LG TV reboots.

On the RF input, the LG TV does see Comcast clear QAM local
channels at this time.  I'm guessing that will disappear soon.

I use MythTV to record OTA channels (50 foot antenna).  I watch
the cable card channels on WMC, but it really sucks compared
with MythTV.

Mike