[mythtv-users] SOLVED - 0.27 - Frontend locking on Video playback

Jeff Hatfield hatfield.jeff at gmail.com
Tue Oct 29 22:54:58 UTC 2013

I figured it out (right after I sent off this message :-)

I had been logging in using Ubuntu 2D desktop (I remember at one point
setting up .25 that was necessary to get it to work).  So I switched to
regular Ubuntu desktop and that seems to have fixed the problem.  No idea
why.

the MythBuntu >repository.  Using the default ATI/AMD proprietary FGLRX
graphics driver.

>I recently upgraded from .25 to .26 (everything worked) and then a week
later to .27 and >started to experience a problem.

>When playing back video and I hit escape or the video reaches the end of
the file the Frontend >locks up.  The video plays fine otherwise.

>This problem happens on both live TV and recordings.  Once it locks up
most of the keys >won't work.  i.e. I can't  Ctrl/Alt Right arrow to switch
to another desktop.  I can do Crtl/Alt F1 >to get out to a terminal and
reboot the machine.

>Needless to say the WAF is tanking (after many years of this she cringes
whenever I start >talking about doing an upgrade :-).