[mythtv-users] rpmfusion.org build of mythfrontend requires >2G just to start?

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Wed Oct 30 16:49:56 UTC 2013

On 10/30/2013 12:31 PM, Richard Shaw wrote:

> I saw RPM Fusion in the subject line and my brain assumed!

Ahh.  OK.  I thought maybe all the cool kids went somewhere else to hang
out.  :-)

> Hmm... Have you tried various setting to see what allows it to succeed?

I haven't, no.  But 2GB is a lot for a single process with only a modest
data requirement.  It really should not need anywhere near even that.

> We're obviously using the same source an Ubuntu so I assume it's a
> difference in build flags? Or enabled components?

Indeed.  I was hoping somebody would see the functionality that was
being utilized in the stack trace and indicate some optional
feature/component was being used.

That said, I'm going to take a wild stab in the dark and say that that
stack trace seems like it's trying to use some kind of QT Javascript
functionality.  I can't imagine what mythtv's doing with Javascript.

That said it does seem to stem from a
"MediaRenderer->HttpServer->HtmlServerExtension->ServerSideScripting"
call trace so it appears to be some kind of Web server on the frontend?

Cheers,
b.