[mythtv-users] mythffmpeg stream analysis defeated, works with ffmpeg

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Wed Oct 30 22:58:36 UTC 2013

On 30/10/13 21:26, R. G. Newbury wrote:
> On 10/29/2013 05:29 PM, John Pilkington wrote:
>
>> I've just processed the recording, using ffmpeg with my usual script -
>> although I do still have it and can check if you like.  With the plain
>> frontend it hung for a long time, but then put up that box. It plays
>> without obvious problems with the FFMPEG switch.  I don't have VDPAU
>> capable hardware.  Using nVidia 304.88. GL enabled, Paint Engine set to
>> Auto, Normal Playback profile.
>>

> Sticking in a question from left field: if you do not have VDPAU capable
> hardware why are you using nVidia 304.88.
>
> Or do you owe yourself your daily face-palm for an instance of mental
> lysdexia?
>
> Geoff

Because it works - on SD content; I don't have an HD tuner on this box
and I usually play what HD content I do have via uPnP.  One recording,
from the BBC HD RedButton channel, imported via MythArchive from my
laptop, has keyframe separations of up to several hundred frames and
causes severe frontend indigestion if asked to skip.

     29.969] (II) NVIDIA(0): NVIDIA GPU GeForce 7500 LE (G72) at
PCI:1:0:0 (GPU-0)
    28.892] (II) NVIDIA dlloader X Driver  304.88  Wed Mar 27 14:28:14
PDT 2013
[    28.892] (II) NVIDIA Unified Driver for all Supported NVIDIA GPUs

304.88 is a 'legacy' driver:

> http://www.nvidia.com/object/IO_32667.html

and it's my understanding that this hardware doesn't support VDPAU

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VDPAU

Cheers,

John