[mythtv-users] HVR 1800 analog configuration

Mike McMullin mwmcmlln at MNSi.net
Mon Sep 2 19:41:13 UTC 2013

I'm seeing this in my front end log:
Sep  2 15:26:31 front-main mythfrontend[4842]: E CoreContext
livetvchain.cpp:277 (GetEntryAt) It appears that your backend may be
misconfigured.  Check your backend logs to determine whether your
capture cards, lineups, channels, or storage configuration are reporting
errors.  This issue is commonly caused by failing to complete all setup
steps properly.  You may wish to review the documentation for
mythtv-setup.

I'm trying to use the 1800 analog input, I have it setup as an hauppauge
150 with video as /dev/video0 and vbi device as /dev/dsp
The card detects as cx23885, which is the driver for the card, as well I
have v4l-cx23885-avcore-01.fw root:root, and 4vl-cx23885-enc.fw in
the /lib/firmware directory and the /lib/firmware/uname -r directory
(3.2.0-55generic-pae 32bit)

  What am I missing in tghe configuration of this card for analog usage?