[mythtv-users] Upgrade Mythbuntu 10.04 0.23 to 0.25 autoexpire failing now?

tortise tortise at paradise.net.nz
Tue Sep 3 04:19:20 UTC 2013

On 2/09/2013 11:45 p.m., Thomas Boehm wrote:
> tortise wrote:
>> Possibly this answers?
>>  From http://mythtv0/mythweb/settings/mythtv {Settings Table}
>>
>> AutoExpireDayPriority         3
>> AutoExpireDefault         0
>> AutoExpireExtraSpace         1
>> AutoExpireInsteadOfDelete     0
>> AutoExpireLiveTVMaxAge         1
>> AutoExpireMethod         2
>> AutoExpireWatchedPriority    0
>>
>> I have no idea if these have changed.
> I think I meant "DeletedMaxAge". Go into your frontend (I always
> wondered why these setting are in the frontend) -> Setup -> Video ->
> General -> 2. page -> "Time to retain deleted recordings (days):" and
> read the description at the bottom. I set it to -1 to delete recordings
> when space is needed.
>
> And you might want to set "AutoExpireExtraSpace" a bit higher than 1.
>
> My setting are as following:
>
> AutoExpireDayPriority         2
> AutoExpireDefault         1
> AutoExpireExtraSpace         200
> AutoExpireInsteadOfDelete     1
> AutoExpireLiveTVMaxAge         1
> AutoExpireMethod         3
> AutoExpireWatchedPriority    1
>
> HTH
> Thomas

It sort of makes sense. I've now changed to [Original settings]:
AutoExpireDayPriority         3
AutoExpireDefault         0
AutoExpireExtraSpace         5 [1]
AutoExpireInsteadOfDelete     0
AutoExpireLiveTVMaxAge        3 [1]
AutoExpireMethod         1 (Oldest Show First) [2(Lowest Priority First)]
AutoExpireWatchedPriority    0
DeletedMaxAge (Time to retain deleted recordings (days)) -1 (Recording
always deleted before new recording) [0(Permanent Deletion 5-20 mins
later)]

DeletedMaxAge explanation found in old post:  "Time to retain deleted
recordings (days): Determines the maximum number of days before
undeleting a recording will become impossible. A value of zero means the
recording will be permanently deleted between 5 and 20 minutes later. A
value of minus one means recordings will be retained until space is
required. A recording will always be removed before this time if the
space is needed for a new recording." {This overflows the screen on 0.25
so the last sentence cannot be read, but maybe can be read fully in the
coming web interface?}

Using this and having deleted some 20GB off drive "repo" I've done some
test recordings.  It recorded fine until the drive filled up then it
shows file sizes in mythweb (instead of the more common "B") however
once drive repo fills right up the subsequent files are zero length in
/repo/recordings/ and repo1/2 are ignored.

Old auto expires still failing and remaining drives seem to be ignored now.

Disk Usage Summary:

     Total Disk Space:
         Total Space: 6,572,272 MB
         Space Used: 6,550,895 MB
         Space Free: 21,377 MB
         Space Available After Auto-expire: 408,312 MB
             Space Used by LiveTV: 22,588 MB    <<<I'd moved / deleted
these to create some temporary space on drive repo
             Space Used by Deleted Recordings: 0 MB
             Space Used by Auto-expirable Recordings: 364,347 MB

Disk Usage Details:

     MythTV Drive #1:
         Directories: mythtv0:/media/repo/mythtv/livetv,
mythtv0:/media/repo/mythtv/recordings
         Total Space: 1,877,793 MB
         Space Used: 1,877,793 MB
         Space Free: 0 MB            <<<<<<
     MythTV Drive #2:
         Directories: mythtv0:/media/repo1/mythtv/livetv,
mythtv0:/media/repo1/mythtv/recordings
         Total Space: 2,816,684 MB
         Space Used: 2,807,089 MB
         Space Free: 9,595 MB      <<<<<For some reason increased yet
not utilised for recording on
     MythTV Drive #3:
         Directories: mythtv0:/media/repo2/mythtv/livetv,
mythtv0:/media/repo2/mythtv/recordings
         Total Space: 1,877,793 MB
         Space Used: 1,866,011 MB
         Space Free: 11,782 MB      <<<<<For some reason increased yet
not utilised for recording on

Last mythfilldatabase run started on 2013-09-03 14:02:21 and is Successful.
There's guide data until 2013-09-11 00:00 (8 days).

Original post:
Disk Usage Summary:

     Total Disk Space:
         Total Space: 6,572,272 MB
         Space Used: 6,562,699 MB
         Space Free: 9,573 MB
         Space Available After Auto-expire: 389,924 MB
             Space Used by LiveTV: 22,588 MB
             Space Used by Deleted Recordings: 0 MB
             Space Used by Auto-expirable Recordings: 357,763 MB

Disk Usage Details:

     MythTV Drive #1:
         Directories: mythtv0:/media/repo/mythtv/livetv,
mythtv0:/media/repo/mythtv/recordings
         Total Space: 1,877,793 MB
         Space Used: 1,877,793 MB
         Space Free: 0 MB
     MythTV Drive #2:
         Directories: mythtv0:/media/repo1/mythtv/livetv,
mythtv0:/media/repo1/mythtv/recordings
         Total Space: 2,816,684 MB
         Space Used: 2,811,211 MB
         Space Free: 5,472 MB
     MythTV Drive #3:
         Directories: mythtv0:/media/repo2/mythtv/livetv,
mythtv0:/media/repo2/mythtv/recordings
         Total Space: 1,877,793 MB
         Space Used: 1,873,693 MB
         Space Free: 4,100 MB

Last mythfilldatabase run started on 2013-09-02 22:27:27 and is Successful.
There's guide data until 2013-09-10 00:00 (8 days).

Don't think I've got there yet, I am presuming a reboot / backend
restart is not required here.

A moved the old LiveTV files from 2010 to free up some space on drive
repo, which worked until it was refilled.... Hmm. {Also not sure how to
delete the reference to these as mythweb is reporting the 20GB is still
there}