[mythtv-users] Windows build. Problem with libao dll

Stefan D raptorjr08 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 3 16:12:06 UTC 2013

I thought i should try to compile MythTV for Windows. I only need the
frontend.

I found this script:
http://svn.mythtv.org/svn/trunk/packaging/Win32/build/win32-packager.pl but
i think it is maybe pretty old?

It goes well until i get to making libao dll. I dont get a DLL. And the
only error i seem to find is this:

*** Warning: linker path does not have real file for library -lpthread.
*** you link to this library.  But I can only do this if you have a
*** shared version of the library, which you do not appear to have
*** because I did check the linker path looking for a file starting
*** with libpthread and none of the candidates passed a file format test
*** using a file magic. Last file checked:
c:/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.4.0/../../../../mingw32/lib//libpthread.a

*** Warning: linker path does not have real file for library -lwinmm.
*** you link to this library.  But I can only do this if you have a
*** shared version of the library, which you do not appear to have
*** because I did check the linker path looking for a file starting
*** with libwinmm and none of the candidates passed a file format test
*** using a file magic. Last file checked: /mingw/lib//libwinmm.a
*** The inter-library dependencies that have been dropped here will be
*** automatically added whenever a program is linked with this library
*** or is declared to -dlopen it.

*** Since this library must not contain undefined symbols,
*** because either the platform does not support them or
*** it was explicitly requested with -no-undefined,

Is there a newer Windows script or a guide on how to build? Or maybe
someone has a compiled exe for trunk/master?