[mythtv-users] 0.27 experience...

Andréas Kühne andreas at kuhne.se
Tue Sep 3 19:12:08 UTC 2013

2013/9/3 Karl Newman <newmank1 at asme.org>

> On Tue, Sep 3, 2013 at 9:41 AM, Warpme <warpme at o2.pl> wrote:
>
>> <snip>
>> Since 2 weeks so far no single issue in production environment.
>>

> I'm glad you've had a good experience. Could you answer some questions for
> me? These are issues that have bothered us since upgrading to 0.25.
>
>> <snip>
>> -LiveTV is really rock-solid (albeit I still wish zapping might be little
>> faster ;-p)
>>

> Did you test the interaction between LiveTV and scheduled recordings? Or
> even simpler, try pressing "Record" while watching LiveTV--does it continue
> recording when you exit back to the menu (it doesn't in 0.25 and I think
> also in 0.26--it ends the recording, even if it was scheduled).
>
> Does commercial flagging work when scheduled to start when the recording
> starts? In 0.25 at least (maybe it was fixed sometime later in 0.26), it
> hits end-of-file and aborts, so I have to run it after the recording has
> ended.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Karl

Hi Karl,

Pressing record on a 0.26 system while watching LiveTV records the current
program until it ends, even if I exit watching livetv. It has been that way
all the time I have had my system (from 0.25).

Regarding commercial flagging, I don't think that should work at all. The
commercial flagging process is really fast and does (on my system at least)
around 80-90 fps. Which means that it is running 3-4 times faster than
normal speed?

Regards,

Andréas