[mythtv-users] Carbon Footprint

Daryl McDonald darylangela at gmail.com
Wed Sep 4 17:05:44 UTC 2013

On Wed, Sep 4, 2013 at 12:28 PM, Bill Meek <keemllib at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 09/04/2013 11:12 AM, Daryl McDonald wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Sep 4, 2013 at 11:19 AM, Bill Meek <keemllib at gmail.com> wrote:

>  If there is, change mythtv in the next command to match it, and then
>>> use:
>>>
>>>      sudo visudo -f /etc/sudoers.d/mythtv

>  So I'm guessing I need to make a file in the sudoers.d directory and edit
>> in that line (without the hash tag,Thank-you Yann) there is already a
>> mythtv directory in the filesystem, so I should choose a unique name?
>>

> Pleeease don't guess, especially when using sudo.
>
> Since there are no other files there, use the command exactly as I
> suggested:
>
>     sudo visudo -f /etc/sudoers.d/mythtv
>
> It will start an editor and let you paste the necessary line in
> the file as well as creating the file with the proper mode and
> owner.
>
> AND:
>
> You restarted your backend, but forgot to add the desired logging.
> Type this (you must do it each time the backend is restarted until
> this gets resolved:
>
>      mythbackend --setverbose idle,system
>
> Wait 5 minutes and do this (so we don't have to see the entire log:)
>
>     sed -n '11900,$p' /var/log/mythtv/mythbackend.**log | pastebinit
>

> --
> Bill

Warning totally understood; when I say "I'm guessing...?" I will always
wait for confirmation and direction.

I did the "sudo visudo" and inserted the appropriate line ala Wiki, now how
do I close and save that? A simple "sudo visudo" has given me the same
editor in the past and in closing it with the X top left corner I'm told a
process is still running, or something to that effect, and I choose "close
anyway" because I didn't really initiate anything. I'd like to, and will
wait for instruction as to how-to, exit this "sudo visudo" properly this
time.

And here is the paste bin:  http://paste.ubuntu.com/6063354/

Very grateful for all your guidance and patience Bill, thanx Daryl