[mythtv-users] 0.27 experience...

Warpme warpme at o2.pl
Thu Sep 5 07:33:51 UTC 2013

On 9/4/13 5:29 PM, Karl Newman wrote:

> Thanks for finding those, David. #11119 and 11693 are the biggest
> problems for me (well, for the Live TV users in my household, anyway).
> I'm using an IVTV driver; I wonder if that makes a difference.
>
> Karl

Karl,
Refering to #11119:
"If a user begins viewing Live TV and changes the channel to the same
channel as an in process recording(or the Live TV session starts on the
channel), the recording group of the in process recording is changed
from what ever it should be to "Live TV"."

-I started recording on mplex1/chanA
-mythweb/UI shows correct rec.group for chanA
-next I launched LiveTV and switched via OSD to mplex1/chanA
-mythweb/UI shows correct LiveTV group for ongoing livetv program
-press Rec button
-livetv program changes its group from LiveTV to "default"
-prog on chanA is still recording and is still in correct group
-after end time for rec.on ChanA/LiveTV both recordings are in correct
groups.

So it looks like #11119 is fixed.

Referring to #11693:
"Start Live TV
Press Record to record the current program.
Change channels. Exit
The recording just made is available in the LiveTV group and was stopped
at the time live TV was exited.
Going back into Live TV, to the channel were the recording was
attempted. Pressing Record shows:
"Cancel Record blah"
you can't re-create this recording."

-I started LiveTV.
-mythweb/UI shows ongoing recording in LiveTV group
-I press Rec. button.
-mythweb/UI now shows ongoing recording in "default" group
-I exit LiveTV
-mythweb/UI shows still ongoing recording in "default" group
-after program end time, recording file remains in "default" group and
has correct duration (endtime + 10min in my case)

So it looks like #11693 is also fixed.

BTW: Only issue I noted during those tests is lack of reflecting
in-progress state on mythUI for LiveTV started-and-changed-to-recording
program.

br