[mythtv-users] Python Bindings - Snooping MythTV System Events

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Thu Sep 5 12:48:35 UTC 2013

On Sep 5, 2013, at 8:21, David Whyte <david.whyte at gmail.com> wrote:

> With some very rudimentary  code I am now getting all System Events.
>
> I have tried to research a little about 'feeing' the script a different
> config.xml.  As it stands, I have a config.xml in my ~/.mythtv directory,
> but this isn't the one that is being used by my script in anyway.  How
> can I force the script to use a different LocalHostName?

I seem to have screwed up the formatting in this thread, so I'm manually
adding endlines.

The Python bindings follow the same procedure as the rest of MythTV.
It reads $MYTHCONFDIR/config.xml, falling back to
$HOME/.mythtv/config.xml, then UPnP autodetection, and then the built
in defaults.  If the file in your home directory is not being used, the. Check
your environment to see if MYTHCONFDIR or HOME have been
manipulated.

If need be, you can manually define your credentials to the MythDB object,
and then force the event monitor to use that object rather than spawn its
own database connection.