[mythtv-users] Myth Storage Drive failing

Ben Kamen bkamen at benjammin.net
Thu Sep 5 14:05:16 UTC 2013

Hey all... SmartD is reporting more bad sectors on one of my 2 myth recording storage drives.

(they are NOT in a RAID)

So I figured, I could just shut mythbackend down while I copy all the data to replacement
drive and then swap (they're in hot-swap cages) them out and do whatever linux management to
get the new drive online/where I want.

Should be that simple, yes?

OR -- is there a fancier way to do this where myth can keep running but just
not record to that drive anymore. (like going into Myth setup and changing all the storage locations.
I'm not as thrilled with that idea just from remember to put everything back.)

Thanks,

  -Ben