[mythtv-users] Carbon Footprint

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Thu Sep 5 23:23:59 UTC 2013

On 09/05/2013 06:05 PM, Daryl McDonald wrote:
 >> Well that script definitely shuts the box down, I had closed the FE, and
> was responding to this thread when it did shut down. The next recording was
> for 19:00, so I waited and it did not turn back on. So As Jerry recommends
> if I use the script from further down and change "UTC = false" and paste it
> from the Wiki instead of from Stefan's E-mail I should get a working
> script? I'm going to give that a shot.

Note that when you manually turn you backend on, with your current settings,
it will shutdown in 600 seconds. (if the mythbackend isn't doing anything)

So, to hold it up, you can type:

     mythshutdown --lock

It may be -l in 0.25. mythshutdown -h will tell you. Don't forget to
unlock it with --unlock (again check with -h.)

Your latest pastebin looks fine. But I like Roger's idea. That's what
I do in my script. I'd even go a step further and add the following
3 lines at the end of the script:

cat /proc/driver/rtc > /tmp/rtc
cat /sys/class/rtc/rtc0/wakealarm >> /tmp/rtc
echo "Argument 1 = $1, SECS = $SECS" >> /tmp/rtc

It would be interesting to compare the value of Argument 1 and SECS.
I expect they will be the same, as I showed in a previous email.

--
Bill