[mythtv-users] Missing table mythconverg.recordmatch

Greg Mitchell greg at nodecam.com
Sat Sep 7 06:01:55 UTC 2013

I recently upgraded my gentoo 0.24 install to mythbuntu 0.25 (let it
soak for a month or so) and then mythbuntu 0.26 (less than a month ago)

Things have been going ok, but I was having troubles with one particular
show recording duplicates, so I was playing with the recording rule to
see if I could fix it.  When I went to check the "upcoming recordings"
screen, it said I had nothing scheduled.  When I run a mythbackend
--testsched, this is the error message in the output:

-----
2013-09-06 23:55:59.284235 E  Error preparing query: CREATE TEMPORARY
TABLE recordmatch SELECT * FROM recordmatch WHERE recordid IS NULL ;
2013-09-06 23:55:59.284246 E  Driver error was [2/1146]:
QMYSQL3: Unable to prepare statement
Database error was:
Table 'mythconverg.recordmatch' doesn't exist

2013-09-06 23:55:59.284332 E  DB Error (FillRecordListFromDB):
Query was:
CREATE TEMPORARY TABLE recordmatch SELECT * FROM recordmatch WHERE
recordid IS NULL ;
Driver error was [2/1146]:
QMYSQL: Unable to execute query
Database error was:
Table 'mythconverg.recordmatch' doesn't exist
-----

The only references I see to this error on the net is someone suggesting
that mysql temp space might be full, but my filesystems are fine.
Looking in mythconverg, I see that that particular table indeed does not
exist.  Any idea what could have caused that table to be dropped?

More importantly, I don't believe I have a 0.26 backup of that table.
If I restore the 0.25 backup of that table, what are the possible
negative consequences?  What data will be missing from the last few
weeks, and is it important?

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!

Greg