[mythtv-users] .27 VAAPI occasional Segfault

Igor Cicimov icicimov at gmail.com
Sat Sep 7 23:59:02 UTC 2013

On 08/09/2013 8:46 AM, "Greg Thompson" <gthompson20 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Running .27 on Xubuntu (personal Compile) on a machine with an Intel
HD2000 graphics card. While using VAAPI video method mythfrontend will
Segfault occasionally while changing channels. Other than that the machine
runs great.  Is this a known issue or should I look at getting a crash dump
?

> -Greg
>> Sent from Mailbox for iPad

Hi Greg,

I have same issues with mythfront segfaulting in vaapi xvba library but for
me is during video playback. Im running mythbuntu 12.04 with ati radeon hd
6570 pci card so seems like its not ati specific as i thought.
I just upgraded to 0.27 as suggested by YIA, one of the developers, and
will try to get a traceback next time i get the issue.
You can find my thread i started couple of days ago re vaapi so feel free
to join the discussion if you want. You can find an archive of all the
mythfront vaapi backtraces reported till now attached to one of the emails
too.

Cheers