[mythtv-users] Database upgrading failed after update to .27

Captain Hook captainhookzero at gmail.com
Mon Sep 9 01:05:15 UTC 2013

On Sunday, September 8, 2013, Karl Newman wrote:

> On Sun, Sep 8, 2013 at 1:11 PM, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com<javascript:_e({}, 'cvml', 'jyavenard at gmail.com');>
> > wrote:
>
>> On 8 September 2013 14:34, Captain Hook <captainhookzero at gmail.com<javascript:_e({}, 'cvml', 'captainhookzero at gmail.com');>>
>> wrote:
>>
>> > Sep  8 14:20:57 MythTV mythtv-setup.real: mythtv-setup[4299]: E
>> CoreContext
>> > dbcheck.cpp:417 (performActualUpdate) DB Error (Performing database
>> > upgrade): #012Query was: ALTER TABLE program ADD INDEX
>> title_subtitle_start
>> > (title, subtitle, starttime); #012Error was: Driver error was
>> > [2/1061]:#012QMYSQL: Unable to execute query#012Database error
>> > was:#012Duplicate key name 'title_subtitle_start'#012 #012new version:
>> 1316
>> > Sep  8 14:20:57 MythTV mythtv-setup.real: mythtv-setup[4299]: E
>> CoreContext
>> > dbcheck.cpp:502 (UpgradeTVDatabaseSchema) Database schema upgrade
>> failed.
>>
>> looks like you had earlier attempted an upgrade and somehow screwed up
>> your database schema...
>> did you run any command touching the mysql database ?
>>

> I seem to recall another way this error message could occur is if some
> 3rd-party tools inserted "fake" recordings without properly setting all the
> fields (including start time, etc.). But maybe that was another table.
>
> Karl

I am quite certain that this was my first attempt at upgrading. I've only
been using MythTV for about 7 months and was sticking with .26 until I
started seeing all the praises. There should be nothing else on my backend
that could be affecting MySQL at all. This is basically a dedicated backend
and the only thing installed that I can think of that I have installed is
VMWare Tools.  It is a myth backend exclusively.