[mythtv-users] Want to test 27. Which distro is packaging 27 RC's?

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Mon Sep 9 12:41:09 UTC 2013

On 07/09/13 14:56, Richard Shaw wrote:
> Ok, here's the updated links:
>
> SRC: (ignore the fc18, should work for any release)
> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/34775202/mythtv-0.27-0.1.RC1.fc18.src.rpm
> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/34775202/mythweb-0.27-0.1.RC1.fc18.src.rpm
>
> F19 x86_64:
> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/34775202/mythtv-0.27-RC1.x86_64.fc19.xz
>
> mythweb (noarch):
> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/34775202/mythweb-0.27-0.1.RC1.fc19.noarch.rpm
>
> Other releases/arches by request.
>
> Thanks,
> Richard

Thank you, Richard.  I have just installed a build from your .src.rpms
above on my laptop running Scientific Linux 6 and so far it seems to be
running fine.  Obviously I haven't tested everything that I hope to use
yet, but I should now be able to do that without compromising my main
F18 system.

The laptop system isn't Vanilla SL6.  Firstly I'm running the
3.0.95-1.el6.elrepoNONPAE.i686 kernel, which includes support for my
PCTV DVB-T2 tuner; so I needed its devel package.  repo is elrepo-kernel.

I also have these repos enabled and up to date: sl, sl-security,
sl-fastbugs, kde, kde-testing, kde-unstable, rpmfusion-free-updates,
epel, elrepo.

I didn't use mock, because I'm not familiar with it, and I needed a lot
of devel packages.  The awkward ones were:

http://repo.markwalker.dk/plexht/el6/i386/libcec/libcec-2.1.0-1.el6.i386.rpm
(The changelog says it's a fedora package)

and libcrystalhd, libtheora and libvorbis, from ATrpms and
ATrpms-testing.  I was a bit wary about mixing ATrpms and rpmfusion but
no problem seen here.

I don't expect to actually use any of these libraries but the build said
it needed libtheora and libvorbis.  It failed before I installed
libcrystalhd, too, although I built --without crystalhd and --without
systemd.  AIUI this is the default for 'rhel'.  In fact I edited the
specfile to make the rhel setting the default because of initial build
failures, and because I'm not sure that SL6 would be identified as an
rhel clone.   cat /etc/redhat-release gives 'Scientific Linux release
6.4 (Carbon)'.  I know this affected home-builds with ATrpms specfiles
earlier this year.

So... I now have 0.27 (RC) to explore.  Thanks again.  I hope this might
be useful.

John P