[mythtv-users] Missing table mythconverg.recordmatch

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Sep 9 12:59:21 UTC 2013

On 09/07/2013 02:01 AM, Greg Mitchell wrote:
> I recently upgraded my gentoo 0.24 install to mythbuntu 0.25 (let it
> soak for a month or so) and then mythbuntu 0.26 (less than a month ago)
>
> Things have been going ok, but I was having troubles with one
> particular show recording duplicates, so I was playing with the
> recording rule to see if I could fix it.  When I went to check the
> "upcoming recordings" screen, it said I had nothing scheduled.  When I
> run a mythbackend --testsched, this is the error message in the output:
>
> -----
> 2013-09-06 23:55:59.284235 E  Error preparing query: CREATE TEMPORARY
> TABLE recordmatch SELECT * FROM recordmatch WHERE recordid IS NULL ;
> 2013-09-06 23:55:59.284246 E  Driver error was [2/1146]:
> QMYSQL3: Unable to prepare statement
> Database error was:
> Table 'mythconverg.recordmatch' doesn't exist
>
> 2013-09-06 23:55:59.284332 E  DB Error (FillRecordListFromDB):
> Query was:
> CREATE TEMPORARY TABLE recordmatch SELECT * FROM recordmatch WHERE
> recordid IS NULL ;
> Driver error was [2/1146]:
> QMYSQL: Unable to execute query
> Database error was:
> Table 'mythconverg.recordmatch' doesn't exist
> -----
>
> The only references I see to this error on the net is someone
> suggesting that mysql temp space might be full, but my filesystems are
> fine.  Looking in mythconverg, I see that that particular table indeed
> does not exist.  Any idea what could have caused that table to be
> dropped?
>
> More importantly, I don't believe I have a 0.26 backup of that table.
> If I restore the 0.25 backup of that table, what are the possible
> negative consequences?  What data will be missing from the last few
> weeks, and is it important?
>
> Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!

Likely you have insufficient MySQL permissions on your MySQL user.  A
mythtv user for MySQL needs ALL permissions.  Alternatively, you may
have problems with file system permissions on your MySQL TMP directory
or you may have no space on your MySQL TMP file system.

In theory, you can fix the permissions and restart mythbackend and all
will be well.  That table is a temporary table that's created when needed.

Mike