[mythtv-users] Problems with new setup

Nicholas Fasano nfazz1 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 10 13:15:10 UTC 2013

On Sun, Sep 8, 2013 at 5:50 PM, Nicholas Fasano <nfazz1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> It continues with the decoding error forever. Any ideas? I'm thinking
> some sort of corrupt driver or possibly a hardware problem. I've
> updated nvidia drivers, swapped out RAM, and upgraded to 0.27 (as you
> can see above). I haven't been able to swap out the graphics card yet,
> but that's on the list. If that doesn't work, I'm going to reinstall
> Ubuntu.
>

> Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Nick

I think I may have this figured out. It turns out that my cablecard is showing:
Card Authentication   success
Card OOB Lock   success
Card Activation   none

For some reason, the HDHomerun is able to send the video stream for a
few seconds before it cuts off. This is what is throwing me off, as I
assumed if the cablecard wasn't properly activated that it wouldn't
display anything at all. It does the same thing on the iPad, but after
a longer period of time, which is why I hadn't noticed it. I am
working on reactivating the card right now and will post my results in
the hopes that this may help someone else in the future. I'm very
surprised that no one has run into this before.

Nick