[mythtv-users] Fwd: Pixelation/Bad Recordings HDHR Prime -- I am at my wits end

Captain Hook captainhookzero at gmail.com
Wed Sep 11 18:57:58 UTC 2013

On Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 12:02 PM, Tom Lichti <tom at redpepperracing.com> wrote:

> I don't know if it's relevant, but you only mention 3 feeds off of the
> splitter, is the other output terminated properly? Or did you mean a four
> outlet splitter, one in and 3 out? And are all outputs on the second
> splitter also terminated properly?

Regarding interference, I am seeing this on what seems like every
single channel at least some of the time, so I don't think that it is
interference, unless I am seeing interference on everything on the
HDHR Prime and this isn't affecting my cable modem or either Comcast
set top box (including one which is a DVR).

My mistake on the wiring; I probably confused myself I rewired it so
many times.  I just looked at it and I have the following:

Comcast signal in to MoCA filter to a two output splitter.  One end
goes to my HDHR Prime, the other end goes to another two output
splitter.  This two output splitter is then connected to my cable
modem and then the other end goes into yet another two output splitter
that goes to my two televisions.  So between my HDHR Prime and the
Comcast "feed", I only have one splitter.  Yet on my TVs, I have three
splitters in front of them and no issues; and my cable modem has two
splitters in front of it and no issues.