[mythtv-users] HD Homeruns not working with MythTV

Terry Crandall cantator at gmail.com
Thu Sep 12 02:31:38 UTC 2013

I sincerely hope that someone will be able to help me, as I am at my
proverbial wits end.

I have several HDHR's (2 first Gen and 1 Prime) that are working fine
through Windows via VLC, HDHR QuickTV and Windows Media Center. They even
work through my "smart" BluRay player.

About a year ago I decided to try the HDHR Prime along with a CableCard to
sample the HD delights of upper tier cable packaging. After the novelty
wore off and the reality of the added monthly cable cost set in, I decided
to go back to the basic package. Bear in mind that my HDHR's worked fine
before using the CableCard, but now they do not. Additionally, my cable
provider, WOW, offers the basic package unencrypted.

Even though I know they are working via Windows, they simply will not work
in MythTV. I have triple checked the setup (MythTV sees them fine in
setup), and they have the proper video source assigned to the inputs. I
have tried them on both LinHES 8.2 and Mythbuntu 12.04.2, but no joy. These
distros are the .25 fixes.

I am hoping a fresh pair of eyes may shed some light on the situation.
Thank you!