[mythtv-users] Problems with new setup

Stephen P. Villano stephen.p.villano at gmail.com
Thu Sep 12 02:57:56 UTC 2013

I'm seeing that very phenomena here with Fios.
Just got the HDHR3 in today, plugged in the cablecard, went through the
online activation. It failed, which I rather expected it to do, based
upon what I've read online. Called the technical support line, still
didn't get it to validate/activate/flipping work. Crypto is really cool
until it breaks, then it's a royal pain.
Tech support eventually decided to send me a new cablecard, it'll be in
Friday.
Meanwhile, the tuner started working on all encrypted channels I
subscribe to (I don't have any premium channels).
I'm guessing that they're using two levels of encryption, the higher
level being for paid premium channels, so that if it fails with the
non-permium channels, it fails on, rather than fail in denial mode and
for premium channels, if fails in denial mode, rather than open.