[mythtv-users] HD Homeruns not working with MythTV

Joseph Fry joe at thefrys.com
Thu Sep 12 03:26:50 UTC 2013

> I sincerely hope that someone will be able to help me, as I am at my
> proverbial wits end.
>
> I have several HDHR's (2 first Gen and 1 Prime) that are working fine
> through Windows via VLC, HDHR QuickTV and Windows Media Center. They even
> work through my "smart" BluRay player.
>
> About a year ago I decided to try the HDHR Prime along with a CableCard to
> sample the HD delights of upper tier cable packaging. After the novelty wore
> off and the reality of the added monthly cable cost set in, I decided to go
> back to the basic package. Bear in mind that my HDHR's worked fine before
> using the CableCard, but now they do not. Additionally, my cable provider,
> WOW, offers the basic package unencrypted.
>
> Even though I know they are working via Windows, they simply will not work
> in MythTV. I have triple checked the setup (MythTV sees them fine in setup),
> and they have the proper video source assigned to the inputs. I have tried
> them on both LinHES 8.2 and Mythbuntu 12.04.2, but no joy. These distros are
> the .25 fixes.
>
> I am hoping a fresh pair of eyes may shed some light on the situation. Thank
> you!

Definitely sounds like a configuration issue in mythtv.  I would start
by doing a "delete all" in your capture cards page in mythtv-setup.
And I would delete all the channels.  Finally I would readd the
tuners, scan for channels, and readd your lineups.  Finally, you will
likely need to adjust the channel numbers/xmlid's in mythweb (or
though mythsetup) so that your guide data lines up.