[mythtv-users] Fwd: Pixelation/Bad Recordings HDHR Prime -- I am at my wits end

tortise tortise at paradise.net.nz
Thu Sep 12 08:41:24 UTC 2013

On 12/09/2013 3:19 p.m., Joseph Fry wrote:

>> I have a few routes I can go here; first, I could use a separate spindle for
>> just my recordings (right now it is being shared with a Windows Server data
>> share that sees fairly little i/o). Second, I could pop in a 60gb SSD I have
>> laying around and write some recordings to that to see if it makes a
>> difference.
>>
>> Any suggestions?

You can also use HDHomerun commands to record and save the live streams
(that play ok in VLC), and then play them direct from disc, which might
be a quick useful test of disc I/O.  Their manual is likely to be found
on their server.

Can also save from mythweb to disc, and play using VLC for a 2nd view.
Even play these files on another machine?