[mythtv-users] Thank You AND follow up question re the "cd" command... Re: (Presumed) Firmware problem with Hauppage HVR-2250

Leif Pihl leif at pihl.us
Thu Sep 12 16:13:59 UTC 2013

Thank you to Lyle, Perkins, Poet and Buhrmaster.
It was the wrong sub-directory after all.
_THIS_ problem is solved, but I've got a feeling there are others to come (of course).

Follow up question:
Could any of you pose a guess as to why my friend advised me to do use the command:
   cd /usr/local/lib/firmware
instead of
   cd /lib/firmware
????

In other words, what was he assuming that should not have been assumed?

LP