[mythtv-users] Fwd: Pixelation/Bad Recordings HDHR Prime -- I am at my wits end

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Thu Sep 12 20:23:21 UTC 2013

On Thu, Sep 12, 2013 at 3:41 PM, Captain Hook <captainhookzero at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've run a few benchmarks against these disks in the VMs and I don't
> really see much in the way of poor performance.  It is my
> understanding that recordings really don't take much in the way of
> performance and you can easily use even 5400 RPM drives with multiple
> simultaneous recordings.  My recordings thus far have almost
> exclusively been one at a time.

That's true, so I'm surprised you're having a problem.  It should work.

In the interest of debugging this further, you could try using an NFS
or CIFS share to hold your recordings.  Just have your virtual backend
mount something over the virtual network and see if that makes any
difference.  That would at least eliminate the path through the ESX
virtual disk layer.

Eric