[mythtv-users] non-printable character in CC track from Handbrake

Jim Stichnoth stichnot at gmail.com
Sun Sep 15 13:19:54 UTC 2013

On Sun, Sep 15, 2013 at 5:25 AM, Joey Morris <rjmorris.list at zoho.com> wrote:

> Jim, I see that you were able to create a patch that fixes the problem
> without needing the test file. Would you still like me to attach a
> test file anyway?

I would definitely appreciate getting a sample for my collection for future
testing, so attaching to the ticket or emailing me directly (with no 2MB
limit) would be great.

I noticed in the code where the patch applies that there is a hard-coded
assumption that the embedded text subtitles have a UTF-8 encoding.  Has
anyone seen MythTV problems with embedded UTF-16 subtitles, like in
http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/9836 ?

Jim