[mythtv-users] 0.27 compile from git pull error

Mike McMullin mwmcmlln at MNSi.net
Sun Sep 15 20:40:31 UTC 2013

 I grabbed this version of myth doing a cut/paste into a terminal:

 Release Candidate: If you'd like to get the 0.27 release candidate
branch, do this:

git clone -b fixes/0.27 git://github.com/MythTV/mythtv.git
git clone -b fixes/0.27 git://github.com/MythTV/mythweb.git

These are the files I have and this is the error trying to compile:

mike at front-main:~/myth-git/mythtv/mythtv$ ls
AUTHORS    database          filters   locales       themes
bindings   docs              html      Makefile      UPGRADING
configure  EXPORTED_VERSION  i18n      programs      VERSION
contrib    external          keys.txt  README        version.pro
COPYING    FAQ               libs      settings.pro  version.sh
mike at front-main:~/myth-git/mythtv/mythtv$ ./configure
ERROR: libXxf86vm not found

If you think configure made a mistake, make sure that you are using the
latest
version of MythTV from git.  If the latest version fails, report the
problem to the
mythtv-dev at mythtv.org mailing list or IRC #mythtv on irc.freenode.net
Include the log file "config.ep" produced by configure as this will help
solving the problem.

I'm fairly sure that I have the proper header files needed to build on
Ubuntu12.04, any idea what my problem is?