[mythtv-users] Working samba config for Mythtv videos

Mark Perkins perkins1724 at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 17 00:32:16 UTC 2013

I wouldn't have thought so either but there was a post recently saying this
was the prefered permissions.....

and anyway mythfrontend will not delete videos unless the are chmod 777 'd

Anthony

[Mark]

You are possibly referring to an earlier post of mine regarding using 744 or
755 - but that was very much specifically for executing scripts. I can't see
any reason to have --x set unless it is a file that needed to be executed.
Also all my recording mpg's default to rw-r--r-- mythtv:mythtv and I have no
troubles with the frontend being able to delete files so I suspect we need
to be looking elsewhere for the problem.

I must admit I was a little unclear as to where exactly your issue was -
particularly when you mentioned copying files? Copied what, from where, and
how (ie using Mythvidexport.py or command line)? Are you trying to delete
recordings in Mythfrontend from the Recordings screen? Or are you copying
non-mythtv recordings or external media files from outside of MythTV and
placing them in a folder accessible by MythVideo and trying to delete from
within the MythVideo screen? Details of the error you get when you try and
delete would assist as well.