[mythtv-users] Live TV Guide Stutter

Greg Thompson gthompson20 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 17 00:32:58 UTC 2013

I have seen some discussion on the Live EPG having stutter in the live tv window when navigating the guide (On my Atom 330 system - VDPAU - its really unusable and kills the WAF… I would like to just disable the preview all together, and or have it just play in the background and bring the guide up as an overlay (just like the OSD guide when pressing up or down arrow, but more of a fullscreen guide).

OR I would live to find a way to select a channel to watch an Tune it, rather than record it in the Regular (Non Live TV guide)…

Has anyone ever looked into this? I am willing to take a crack at some coding to make this happen.. I am primarily an iOS Objective C guy, but could prob tackle the C++ code with enough time etc.

Greg