[mythtv-users] Working samba config for Mythtv videos

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Tue Sep 17 03:50:01 UTC 2013

On Mon, Sep 16, 2013 at 11:42 PM, Michael T. Dean
<mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> True, in the shell you can force it with rm -f or by answering the "remove
> write-protected regular file" prompt, but I'm pretty sure MythTV won't
> actually delete a file unless you have write permission on that file.

That would surprise me.  The unlink() function (what I would assum
MythTV would use) doesn't check for that.  In the shell, you can use
the unlink command rather than rm and you don't get any of that
cowardly rm behavior of asking for confirmation.  It just goes ahead
and does it.

Eric